Two Suffolk Friends

Discussion and Review area for things read and seen
John
Site Admin
Spam Protection: No

Two Suffolk Friends

Post by John »

My latest acquisition is a copy of the first edition of Two Suffolk Friends by Francis Hindes Groome, published by Blackwood and taken from two issues of Blackwoods Magazine.

This 1895 book is in splendid condition.

Dedicated to Mowbray Donne "The Friend of these two Friends" it comprises two essays, one each regarding Robert Hindes Groom, Rector of Monk Soham church and his good friend Edward FitzGerald of Boulge.

This will interest those with their roots in East Anglia, and also those with an interest in the Fitzgerald story which is unfolding on this website.

I look forward to reading this extremely rare book and it takes my EFG project another step closer to completion. The modest cost of £4.95 was also much appreciated.
John
Site Admin
Spam Protection: No

Post by John »

The book consisted of two essays, one on Robert Hindes Groom and one on Edward FitzGerald. They were originally magazine essays in Blackwood's Magazine.

Maybe you'll think this is surprising, but the book was very entertaining. I enjoyed it and it helped to bring to life some more aspects of the cast of characters of my Exploration of the Suffolk Poets.

Recommended.