Jonathan Creek

Discussion and Review area for things read and seen
John
Site Admin
Spam Protection: No

Jonathan Creek

Post by John »

This is another programme that we gradually warmed to. We caught a few random episodes and then decided to watch the whole lot, via our Lovefilm rentals.

Nicely made, interesting plots, good acting. OK, a bit cosy at times, but, like a glass of port and a pair of warm slippers (I suppose) easy to wear and always satisfying.

Nice one, but not many episodes made.

5s
John
Site Admin
Spam Protection: No

Re: Jonathan Creek

Post by John »

But oh the frustration of renting these via Lovefilm....

Series Three Disc One was playing happily when it faltered through the second episode and refused to play, despite all the usual cleaning traicks. So we tried episode three and that was fine till near the end, so we sent the disc back.

The replacement disc refused to play episode 2 at all, so no recapping there. Episode three went fine until the winding up and explanation of the plot and then refused to play. Back it goes, but of course we have Series Four Disc One so no problem for the night's viewing.....

Until we take out the disc and find an enormous crack across it. I calmly say, "This could get very wearing on the nerves...."

The replacements have now arrived, will I have the nervous energy left to watch them? :shock: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :shock: