Not the Master, Please not The Master....

Discussion and Review area for things read and seen
John
Site Admin
Spam Protection: No

Not the Master, Please not The Master....

Post by John »

A lively Doctor Who story today, but the retiurn of The Master I have been dreading. For God's sake, do we need a man in a black cape running around to know that he's the Bad Guy?

Hopefully Russell T Davies will be Wiser Than That, but the jury is out for me.

Ah well, I suppose it was ineveitable.

:cry:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I missed this one because I was in Knowsley. Will have to catch up at some point!
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

Well I think Russell T has milked the "Last of the Time Lords" about as far as could be possible....

Not a bad episode, but mainstream. I prefer the oddball episodes that stretch the format, but I do realise that not every one of them can scale the heights of innovation.

An interesting revelation that Captain Jack Harkness, the man who cannot die, eventually becomes the Face of Boe.

I've enjoyed this season and I'm glad to find out that David Tennant is staying on for at least one more. Goodbye Martha Jones, a brave effort but it didn't really click.
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

Now then, The Master's wife, the one who shot him...The Doctor says, "I didn't notice her..." and we can surmise why. Another Time Lord masquerading as a human and with an antipathy field to avoid detection?

Yes, it's going to be The Rani isn't it, and my sense of misery at the prospect will be complete...

Don't do it, Russell T Davies!

:roll: