The Four Seasons Live 1972

An area for all musical discussion
John
Site Admin
Spam Protection: No

The Four Seasons Live 1972

Post by John »

One year later finds me on a train crossing the Pennines on the way to The Shellield Fiesta club. This show is tainted in a way, but mainly because of the arduous nature of the trip. A train to Sheffield, arrival 7:30pm for a show that doesn't start till 11pm, leaving the club at 2am, waiting at Sheffield Station in a cold waiting room for the 6.30am train back to Manchester, back home 9am and straight off to a day at University after that leaves a very uncomfortable session in my mind. Such enthusiasm and determination....

The show was actually without fault and taught me a loot about how Frankie sings. There was no orchestra this time, just the Four Seasons playing abd singing on a small stage about ten feet away from my table. It was incredibly brave as a performance as all the vocals were basically totally naked to our view. If anyone hads been a whisker out of place we would have known, but nobody was. Absolutely incredible.

The rating only differers from the 1971 show because the lack of an orchestra does limit the arrangements and something is inevitably lost because of this.

So overall 4s

But vocally 5s