The Four Seasons Live 1992/1993

An area for all musical discussion
John
Site Admin
Spam Protection: No

The Four Seasons Live 1992/1993

Post by John »

I am combining these two tours because they are substantially identical. They are also available on DVD exemplified by a sample show in Atlantic City. Unfortunately in terms of voice Frankie is just under peak in the show recorded so it does not represent the very best of these tours. It is however excellent and if you listen carefully there are some astounding bits of vocal performance within the recording.

With a partly new line-up, Frankie retuned to some of his roots. In 1992 they included a song from the pre-Four Seasons era and performed a Four Lovers song, complete with 1950s costumes. I suspect that 99% of the UK audience had no idea what that was about.

In 1993 they were doing the a capella versions of "A Sunday Kind of Love", "Remember When" and "Blue Moon". A friend of mine who performs singing ballads said to me "That section was brilliant - incredibly brave to perform without any backing like that." He also said, "Frankie Valli has a very extraordinary voice. Most people have a range made up in platforms. They get so far up the scale and then miss some notes before they get to their next platform. Valli is able to move smoothly from platform to platform without any breaks. Very unusual."

It's moments like that that make you realise how good a singer Frankie is. The other Frank (Sinatra) was also an incredible singer and it comes home when you hear Robbie Williams trying to, rather weakly, emulate him.

This is the last live show report where i have actually been there and seen them live. The next one just might be The Four Seasons Live 2008, but we will have to wait and see if it happens. Watch this space!

5s
Mike
Site Admin
Spam Protection: No

Re: The Four Seasons Live 1992/1993

Post by Mike »

John wrote:The other Frank (Sinatra) was also an incredible singer and it comes home when you hear Robbie Williams trying to, rather weakly, emulate him.
Oh dear. I hope Lizzie does not hear you say things like that - she might get upset with you! I personally agree but don't tell her I said that! :D