Lost and Found Vol 1 Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons

An area for all musical discussion
John
Site Admin
Spam Protection: No

Lost and Found Vol 1 Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons

Post by John »

Thank you to Lynn Boleyn for sending me a copy of this fascinating CD.

Basically a cassette tape was found in a garage sale from a 1970s "roadie" and it turned out to be a recording from the mixing desk at a Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons concert at Milwaukie, June 1976. Half the tape was no good, but the other half was crystal clear and here we have that part after some suitable cleaning up on the computer.

The results is a very clear recording of the concert, oddly detached in the sense that the sounds of the audience are very remote and unobtrusive, presumably only coming to us via the performers' own microphones.

The performance itself is a relatively early one for the new group members who rose to stardom after the success of "Who Loves You" and the sound is not quite so polished as it was in 1977, but nonetheless I have no complaints. What is very, very clear though is that Frankie Valli is a very superior performer and he outshines his back-up vocalists. Two highlights of this set are the very nice performances of "I Got Love For You Ruby" and "The Way We Were/All In Love Is Fair" and in the latter case as the medley has never been recorded a welcome addition to the collection.

You can find this set on Crisis Records 101, produced in the Netherlands, the home of many a fine unofficial CD!

4s