Paloma Faith

An area for all musical discussion
John
Site Admin
Spam Protection: No

Paloma Faith

Post by John »

I noticed Paloma for the first time when she appeared, all bright and bubbly, on Never Mind The Buzzcocks. She did a short bit of her first single "Stone Cold Sober" and I was very impressed with the effortless, smooth rendition right off the cuff.

So I bought the album "Do You Want The Truth or Something Beautiful" and she really does have an unusual and amazing voice. Ten superb tracks, maybe some edge ahead after a few listens, maybe not. Excellent performances, excellent recording effects here and there, excellent songwriting. Oh, and looks quite spectacular as well.

The photography of Paloma in the CD booklet (one reason to buy CDs and shun boring downloads) is also outstanding. Interesting hair!

5s
John
Site Admin

Re: Paloma Faith

Post by John »

Since I bought the album I've picked up quite a few live performances on YouTube and I remain very impressed. This girl has style and she can sing. She also does jazz rather well as we can see on her performance with Jools Holland.

It's nice to find new and talented people to listen to and Paloma is definitely one of the most impressive I've heard for a very long time. :)
John
Site Admin

Re: Paloma Faith

Post by John »

It won't be long now before we see the concert at Manchester Apollo, so that will be interesting.

My only regret is that we missed by a hairs-breadth the event at Larmer Tree Gardens. That would have been my ideal venue and we only missed it by being on holiday one week out.

Just one of those things. :)