Heat Wave

A forum to discuss anything not specified elsewhere
John
Site Admin
Spam Protection: No

Heat Wave

Post by John »

My PC has a cute little symbol that is telling me Mostly Sunny and then Heat Wave! I knew, actually, and today's location shoot has been postponed as being too much of an ordeal in this heat. It can be done tomorrow when it looks as though there will be a significant drop in temperature. I don't know about you, but I'm just starting to feel a bit tetchy, so definitely time to cool off.

The last time we were this hot was when we went to Egypt and suffered similar temperatures, with a ridiculous peak of 50C at the Aswan Dam.

It's times like this I tell Sue that the temperature is exceeding my engineering tolerancies. That's a good phrase for when I've had enough of shopping as well. :lol:
John
Site Admin
Spam Protection: No

Re: Heat Wave

Post by John »

Well the Heat Wave was unbearable for two days and then it waved good bye and the temperatures have been comfortable ever since. A bonus is that we haven't used any gas because the central heating has not been needed. Apart from a bit of cooking.

Electricity is something else and, as always, when it's not in use we turn it off, with the exception of the computers which are probably our biggest power use.