Victoria Baths

A forum to discuss anything not specified elsewhere
John
Site Admin
Spam Protection: No

Victoria Baths

Post by John »

Today we had an ADAPS outing to Victoria Baths in Manchester. We took three models and spent a good three hours photographing them and the building.

Now under restoration in the Turkish Baths section, but the three pools and the outbuildings are open on the first Sunday of every month.

Or you make a special arrangement like we did and have the run of the place.

All architects reading this should go and see this incredible place!

:D
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I went to see the baths when it was on restoration in 2003. I now work for the Architects who have been appointed to do the next phase of work to bring the baths back into a useful occupation. :D
mr_e

Post by mr_e »

I went to see it a while back, probably about the same time as (with?) Mike. The temptation is to visit again, to see if there's been much visible progress, as they've hopefully sorted out all the boring "make it water-tight and not dangerous" stuff and done something pretty.
im on ur forums, using ur bandwidth.
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

The Turkish Baths are at present out of bounds as the contractors are in, but there is free access to the three main pool areas, the outbuildings and the area beneath the pools.

This latter area is fantastic, all it need are a few Daleks trundling around under there and we have the makings of a new Doctor Who episode. It was actually used in the filming of "Life on Mars" which they did not tire of telling us about!