Collector's Corner

A forum to discuss anything not specified elsewhere
John
Site Admin
Spam Protection: No

Collector's Corner

Post by John »

Thinking of the myriad of strange things that people collect I thought I'd mention a few things that I collect, or have collected in the past.

Records (now CDs) - The Four Seasons/Frankie Valli; Sandie Shaw; Billy Joel, Gustav Holst, plus a mass of other stuff over a long period of time.

Books - SF, non-fiction, antiquarian plus lots of random stuff

Batteries - yes, I used to collect dry batteries. There are a surprising number of variants. Anyone remember the green and yellow Exide batteries, before they moved to grey and red? Or the Ever Ready Bijou battery for torches? In the 60s battery technology was lousy and they didn't last long at all.

Stamps - especially Great Britain definitives and with a liking for the Edward VII range

Doctor Who - a gigantic collection of VHS tapes sent to me from all over the world, from the days before mass availablity

So what do you collect?
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Collector's Corner

Post by Mike »

I collect nothing at the moment. I don't go out of my way to accumulate much stuff at all. I suppose you could say that I love buying technology but when it is spent it is disposed off!
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Collector's Corner

Post by Mike »

John wrote:Batteries - yes, I used to collect dry batteries. There are a surprising number of variants. Anyone remember the green and yellow Exide batteries, before they moved to grey and red? Or the Ever Ready Bijou battery for torches? In the 60s battery technology was lousy and they didn't last long at all.
I suppose it was also down to inefficient energy usage of the appliances too. :D