Apologies for Problems

A forum to discuss anything not specified elsewhere
John
Site Admin
Spam Protection: No

Apologies for Problems

Post by John »

It seems that the web hosting server has been under attack and some damage was done to this website and the forum.

We have repaired as much as we have found so far, but if you have any problems please report them here and we will get to them as soon as possible.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Apologies for Problems

Post by Mike »

Hello everyone.

There does seem to be a growing problem with the speed and reliability of the server at the moment. I have been in touch with the hosting company and they have agreed to move me to a new server with updated with the latest versions of mySQL and php. This should hopefully solve the problems we have been experiencing.

The down side is that the forums will be down and read-only for somewhere between 2-5 days depending on the speed of the restore process at the other end.

I am going to start the process of the backup on Friday / Saturday morning so don't be surprised when the forum is inaccessible. This will make sure that posts don't get lost in the move.

Apologies for the problems, hopefully it will make the site a more pleasurable experience for everyone!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Quick test before alerting parental unit! :D
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

Quick test reply before alerting Sprog 1 !!!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

The dns servers have been changed as johnriley1uk seems to be fully operational. It will take 24-72 hours to get the internet to follow suit and match the domain johnriley1uk to the ip address for the new server but there is no reason why the forum should not be fully operational.

ttfn
M
John
Site Admin

Post by John »

Cheers Mike, a job well done!

:D
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I hope so. Only one forum left to restore. It should be up and running by tomorrow morning. The hosting provider is going to be restoring the database separately. :D