iPad 4 Retina Display

A forum to discuss anything not specified elsewhere
John
Site Admin
Spam Protection: No

iPad 4 Retina Display

Post by John »

I have had the iPad for almost a week now and am quite happy with the things it does well. I can surf the internet, send and receive messages and browse such things as YouTube, all connected to the home WiFi and streaming with near-identical speed to the PC. The quality of the screen is excellent, although I quickly switched off the auto brightness. If I'm viewing images I want the full range of tones and have the brightness set so that all 16 steps of the EPZ wedge are reproduced perfectly.

Colour is also excellent and matches our Dell monitors.

The battery life is holding up well also - so much better than a laptop. After a few days I'm still only down to 48% and that's with quite a lot of use. The laptop lasts 30 minutes if I'm lucky.

Things that need doing are getting a card reader and also a means to connect to 3G networks. This looks like it's going to be via the iPhone, but I need to look into costs and see when the dongle contract for the laptop expires.

So, things to do, but no rush, as indeed there has been no rush aquiring the iPad!

In summary, a lovely bit of technology and a great way to do a quick internet check when I wake up in the middle of the night! 5s