Bags of bags

All non-Pentax kit
John
Site Admin
Spam Protection: No

Bags of bags

Post by John »

Yes, lots and lots of them. I collect camera bags like some ladies collect handbags and shoes, mentioning no names of course...

The trouble is that no one design will suit all circumstances, but generally the requirement is for a soft bag that will fit snugly against the side of the body, is waterproof and yet will allow quick and easy access to the contents.

On balance, I can recommend the Billingham range. manufactured in England of traditional materials such as waterproof canvas, brass and leather. These fine bags are the closest I've got yet to the ideal.

I have chosen Alice and Hadley, depending on the size of kit to be carried, and am about to invest in one of the new Press Top bags, which is very similar to a Gladstone style.
John
Site Admin
Spam Protection: No

Post by John »

Well I've had a good chance now to evaluate the Press Top 206 from Billingham.

It's a beautifully made bag, very well suited to use in the studio or in a specific location.

However, on balance, I think in the field Alice and Hadley designs have the edge in terms of convenience and accessibility.

If in situations that need it, the 206 could be seen as more secure, but it's more of a fight to get the gear out!