Queen of the Spiders

All other 1st Edition AD&D
John
Site Admin
Spam Protection: No

Queen of the Spiders

Post by John »

Lolth, Demon Queen of Spiders, was humiliated in front of her fellow gods when the PCs defeated her minions on the Isle of the Ape. In retribution, she broke the rules and stole the key to the control of fate from Istus, Lady of our Fate. Istus knows this was fated to happen, of course, but that is a matter for her.

However, Lolth has broken the rules that forbid direct intervention and she must be destroyed. The PCs are now on the path of their fate and are in the mountains searching for the way into the Drow Underdark.

In game terms they are playing modules G1, G2, G3, D1-2, D3 and Q1. Or GDQ 1-7 if you prefer!

An epic quest indeed!
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Queen of the Spiders

Post by Mike »

The king of the hill giants has been a bit rude so far. So what if we have broken in, killed his queen and then stormed into his hall? I don't know what his problem is!

On the 19 hill giants et al might be a bit difficult to defeat - the quantity is quite high. Sir John is worried about his companions, especially the wizard looking types - I hope that giant king will be more useful next week. We can but hope. . .
Mark Scollon
Initiate

Post by Mark Scollon »

I had so much fun dancing up and down that table whilst slaying Hill Giants. I think my final total was 12 of them in about 3 rounds of combat. Not quite as hard as I thought it would be but maybe the next batch will prove to be more challenging.
The Baldiff
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Next ones will be stone giants - much better class of giant if you ask me! :D